Good Earth Rolls
GOOD EARTH ROLLS
AMOUNT: 2 Dozen Rolls
1. Optional for easier digestion and nicer crunch -- Cover with water and let stand a couple hours or overnight:
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
2. Dissolve yeast with honey in water in a glass measuring cup; let stand 5-10 minutes until bubbles up:
1/2 Cup lukewarm water (100-115° - warm to wrist)
3. Heat together in saucepan until butter melts:
1 1/2 Cups water
4. Pour warm liquids into mixing bowl, stir in, and vigorously beat about 3 minutes:
1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour or spelt flour, freshly
5. Mix and knead in remaining flour as needed to prevent sticking while kneading until smooth and elastic.
2 Cups whole wheat pastry flour or spelt flour, freshly
6. Place dough in oiled bowl, lightly oil top, cover, and let rise until double.
7. Complete rolls as for delicious good earth rolls, steps #6-9 below:
DELICIOUS GOOD EARTH ROLLS
iUse this recipe for machine-kneaded dough.
AMOUNT: 2 dozen rolls
1. Optional for easier digestion and nicer crunch-Cover with water and let stand a couple hours or overnight:
1/3 sunflower seeds
1 1/4 Cups whole wheat pastry flour or spelt flour, freshly milled
3. Heat together in saucepan until butter melts, pour into flour-yeast mixture (step#2); mix on high speed for 3 minutes:
2 Cups water
4. Add remaining ingredients and knead:
5. Cover and let rise until double in volume.
6. Gently punch down and knead lightly; divide in half. Shape each piece into 12 rolls, placing in greased pans with a little room between them.
7. Cover and let rise in a warm place 15-20 minutes.
8. Bake in preheated 400° oven 15-20 minutes.
9. Brush rolls immediately after baking while still hot with:
soft or melted butter
For more information on products and recipes, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-552-7323.