WHAT ARE THE QUESTIONS TO ASK WHEN PURCHASING A DRINKING WATER SYSTEM?
WHAT ARE THE QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD ASK?
1. Ask for the NSF listing for the specific product(s) you are evaluating. Is the product listed under NSF standard #53 for Health Effects or under NSF Standard No. 42 for Aesthetic Effects or both? NSF standards offer a meaningful comparison to help a consumer understand the standards which were developed by NSF International and adopted by many States for drinking water treatment devices.
2. Ask for the product Performance Data Sheet (PDA). Many states require that Performance Data Sheets be provided to all prospective customers of water treatment devices. The data sheet will list which contaminants can be removed.
3. Ask about the service cycle (stated in gallons of water treated) of the device. How often will you need to change the filter and what will replacement filters cost.
4. Ask about the product's flow rate.
5. Ask if the manufacturer or distributor provides a customer satisfaction guarantee or warranty.
6. Ask about the range of contaminants which the unit can reduce under standard #53. (Note: most water purifying devices are certified under Standard No. 53 for turbidity and cyst reduction only. Look for a system that also reduces pesticides, trihalomethanes, lead, mercury, and VOC's. These contaminants are usually the most dangerous and are odorless, tasteless, and colorless.)
Then there is always the question of whether to get a Solid Carbon Block Filter, a Reverse Osmosis, Granular Activated Carbon Filter, a Distiller, or a Ceramic filter. Download the brochure, The Challenge for a comparison of the pros and cons of the different water purification technologies.
I believe the Multi-Pure Drinking Water System can offer superior performance at a better price.
I invite you to consider some of the many features the Multi-Pure system offers:
* The Solid carbon Block filter removes scores of harmful pollutants
Multi-Pure has re-instituted their popular FilterMania Program for obtaining a F.REE Multi-Pure System. Here's how it works:
Prepay for ten Multi-Pure filters for the system you desire. (That's ten years of filters.) Multi-Pure will send the housing and accessories for the system desired plus one filter, along with 9 replacement filter coupons. When you are ready to replace your filter (average filter life is one year) simply send in a coupon along with the shipping/handling fee.