Creamed New Potatoes & Peas
"Enjoy the bounty of the Spring Garden!"
Makes 4 servings, double or triple as needed.
15-20 new potatoes (Or regular potatoes cut up)
1 onion, chopped
1-2 Cups baby spring peas or snow peas
1/2-1 tsp dill weed
1-2 cups chopped ham or cooked smoked sausage, optional
White Sauce (makes 2 cups)
4 TB butter or coconut oil
4 TB flour, whole grain preferred
2 Cups milk, or water, or leftover potato water
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook as many new potatoes (or regular potatoes) as needed to feed your family in a Duromatic pressure Cooker for about 5 minutes and allow the pressure to come down naturally. OR, boil the new potatoes in salted water until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, saute one chopped onion in 2 TB butter or olive oil. Set aside.
3. Prepare white sauce in a small sauce pan, by melting the butter, then stir in the flour and allow to bubble while stirring for about one minute. Gradually and slowly while stirring, add the liquid. Bring to a boil, and boil for one minute. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Combine the white sauce with the sauteed onion, cooked new potatoes, and 1-2 cups of baby spring peas or snow peas.
5. Add dill weed and adjust seasonings to taste.
6. Add chopped ham, or kielbasa type sausage to make this a more solid main dish.