BLENDER BANANA MUFFINS
The flavor of these go espeically well with breakfast foods.
For more blender tips or to mix by hand with flour see pp 82-83
( use 2 cups pastry, kamut, or barley flour or 2 1/3 cups spelt
flour for hand mixing.
AMOUNT: 14-16 Muffins
Bake: 325°F - 25 minutes
1. Place in blender and blend, starting at lower speed and
increasing to higest speed for 3 minutes (keep batter churing):
3/4 Cup buttermilk or non dairy alternative
2 TB olive oil (Extra Virgin)
2 TB melted butter or more olive oil
1/3 Cup honey (warmed slightly if too cold and thick)
1 1/2 very ripe bananas, broken pieces (for 2/3 cup mashed)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
Grain Choice (not flour)
1 l/3 Cups whole wheat pastry grain or 1 /12 Cups spelt or kamut
2. Cover blender; let stand at room temperature overnight.
3. Grease or spray muffin pans.
4. Preheat oven to 325°.
5. Just before baking, add and reblend on highest speed for
1 egg (Or egg alternative)
6. Mix into blender batter thoroughly, but briefly, using blender
and/or rubber spatual, as needed:
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder (Rumford's is aluminum free)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
7. Optional -- Fold in with rubber spatula:
1/2 -3/4 Cup chopped walnuts
8. Evenly fill muffin cups almost full. Fill any empty cups
half full of water. Bake 20 minutes at 350°. Cool muffins
in pan for 3-5 minutes for easy removal.
This recipe is courtesy of Sue Gregg's BREAKFASTS
book and reprinted by permission.
For more information, please contact me at email@example.com
or call me at 1-800-552-7323.