BLENDER BANANA MUFFINS
The flavor of these go espeically well with breakfast foods. For more blender tips or to mix by hand with flour see pp 82-83 of BREAKFASTS ( use 2 cups pastry, kamut, or barley flour or 2 1/3 cups spelt flour for hand mixing.
AMOUNT: 14-16 Muffins
Bake: 325�F - 25 minutes
1. Place in blender and blend, starting at lower speed and increasing to higest speed for 3 minutes (keep batter churing):
3/4 Cup buttermilk or non dairy alternative
2 TB olive oil (Extra Virgin)
2 TB melted butter or more olive oil
1/3 Cup honey (warmed slightly if too cold and thick)
1 1/2 very ripe bananas, broken pieces (for 2/3 cup mashed)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
Grain Choice (not flour)
1 l/3 Cups whole wheat pastry grain or 1 1/2 Cups spelt or kamut whole grain
2. Cover blender; let stand at room temperature overnight.
3. Grease or spray muffin pans.
4. Preheat oven to 325�.
5. Just before baking, add and reblend on highest speed for 1 minute:
1 egg (Or egg alternative)
6. Mix into blender batter thoroughly, but briefly, using blender and/or rubber spatual, as needed:
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder (Rumford's is aluminum free)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
7. Optional -- Fold in with rubber spatula:
1/2 -3/4 Cup chopped walnuts
8. Evenly fill muffin cups almost full. Fill any empty cups half full of water. Bake 20 minutes at 350�. Cool muffins in pan for 3-5 minutes for easy removal.
This recipe is courtesy of Sue Gregg's BREAKFASTS book and reprinted by permission.
For more information, please contact me at email@example.com or call me at 1-800-552-7323.